RE: [xsl] Strange intermittent exceptions from Xalan

Subject: RE: [xsl] Strange intermittent exceptions from Xalan
From: Peter.FLYNN@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 16:36:02 -0000
Hi Johannes,

I've found that it might be an issue with the way Xalan is being used by the
Appserver and permissions.  I've now changed the code to be:

InputStream is = xslURL.openStream ();
Transformer transformer = tFactory.newTransformer(new StreamSource(is));

This now works as the web application is then opening the stream (and not
StreamSource).  However, it still doesn't explain the intermittent failure,
but I am happy that it now loads the XSL correctly.

I could obtain the file and pass that, but the static XSL is packed up as a
Web Archive.  By requesting the file via HTTP it loads the XSL from the
archive and returns it back via HTTP.

Thanks for your input and help.

Regards,
Peter