Re: [xsl] How to determine the 'first' time a template has been called

Subject: Re: [xsl] How to determine the 'first' time a template has been called
From: Chris Gow <cgow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 16:03:13 -0500
Sure...The template is going to need to reference an external JavaScript file, and I figured instead of having a number of extra <script src=.../> tags that would include the same file, I would only do the necessary include the first time. Its not a problem that it doesn't work, it is just an extra step that the users of this template are going to have to do.

--Chris

At 09:29 PM 3/19/01 +0100, you wrote:

On Mon, Mar 19 '01 at 15:06, Chris Gow wrote:
> I was wondering if it is possible to determine if a template has been
> called previously.  I would like to take a special action the first time
> the template is called.  By called, I mean through an <xsl:call-template>
> tag.  I would prefer not to use mode or a special parameter in this case.
This is not possible, but if you would tell us, why you want to take
this special cation, we might be able to offer you a working sollution

Cu,
    Goetz.

The only person who ever got work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.