[xsl] Error declaring doctype in msxml

Subject: [xsl] Error declaring doctype in msxml
From: Riboni Ugo <Ugo.Riboni@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 11:50:12 +0200
Hi,
i'm completely new to this list and quite new to xsl, so bear with me if the
answer to this question appears to be too obvious.

I want to have a doctype in my stylesheet so that i can declare entities.
I've seen this done in this DaveP faq here:
http://www.dpawson.co.uk/xsl/N2281.html#N18533
and here:
http://www.dpawson.co.uk/xsl/N1000.html

(in an example at about one third of the page from the top)

I copied from the latter page this part of the declaration on the top of my
stylesheet:

<!DOCTYPE xsl:stylesheet [
  <!ENTITY sp "<xsl:text> </xsl:text>">
  <!ENTITY dot "<xsl:text>.</xsl:text>">
  <!ENTITY nl "&#10;">
]>
                 version="1.0"
  <xsl:output method="html"/>
  <xsl:template match="/">

  {other-valid-xsl-goes-here...}

  </xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

But when i feed this to MSXML to transform some xml, the parser complains
that there's a:

"Reference to undeclared namespace prefix: 'xsl' at line 1"

Can anyone help me understand what i'm doing wrong ? Or is this a MSXML only
behaviour ?

Thanks for your time,
Ugo R.