[xsl] Suggested Engine

Subject: [xsl] Suggested Engine
From: Larry Garfield <lgarfiel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 02:29:56 -0600
I'm trying to select an XSLT engine to use for a project I'm working on,
and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions.  What I need to be able
to do is feed an XML file into it that has an XSLT file specified via a
processing instruction and simply return the output directly.  I
specifically want to avoid any engine-specific extensions, I'm sticking
to strict W3C XML and XSLT 1.0.  It needs to be able to accept
parameters to XSLT files somehow.  It would be wonderful if I could
specify multiple XSLT files with different processing instructions and
have it select which to use based on the media attribute of the
processing instruction and some engine parameter, so that I don't have
to specify the XSLT file separately in the engine call.  I will most
likely be calling it from within a PHP file to return the output (XHTML)
to a web browser.

I was using the testXSLT program in Xalan-C, called as a command-line
within the PHP script, but that feels very clunky.  I know later
versions of PHP4 include the Sabletron engine.  Is it any good?  Can
anyone recommend another engine that would easily do what I need it to
do?  One last thing:  It has to run on Linux, either Mandrake or
Debian.  Any input would be welcome.  Thanks.

--
Larry Garfield
lgarfiel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Do you have a PalmOS Organizer?  Click here to add me to your address
book:
http://signature.coola.com/?lgarfiel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

-- "If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you." :-)