RE: [xsl] Problem in define Node-set from variable number of params

Subject: RE: [xsl] Problem in define Node-set from variable number of params
From: "Michael Kay" <mhkay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 10:36:24 +0100
> I have following problems in using variable params to define
> a node-set variable and need your kind advice.
>
> But when I use the variable of "condition2" generated from
> various params
> test, it fails.
>
> <xsl:variable name="condition2"><xsl:attribute name="select">
> <xsl:choose>...

condition2 is a so-called result tree fragment; the value of the variable is
in effect a node-set containing the root node of a new tree. The
<xsl:attribute> instruction tries to add an attribute node to this tree. But
root nodes don't have attributes, only element nodes can have attributes. So
the <xsl:attribute> should fail saying there is no element node to attach
the attribute to.

Mike Kay
Software AG