Re: [xsl] Navigation facility using xsl

Subject: Re: [xsl] Navigation facility using xsl
From: Jeni Tennison <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 10:03:59 +0100
Hi Tejas,

> I want to implement navigation facilty to my xml file which has all
> the data. I intend to do it with 2 buttons next and previous put in
> xsl file.

If I'm interpreting you correctly, I think that you're creating an
HTML page from your XML, with the page contents being a subset of the
XML in one file.  You're using XSLT to pull out the page contents that
you want, and want to have links on the HTML that tell the XSLT to
pull out different page contents each time.

In this sort of set up, you need to pass parameters to the XSLT
stylesheet to tell it to show whichever bit of the XML you want it to
show.  How you pass those parameters depends on the XSLT processor
that you're using - in MSXML you need to use a bit of Javascript to
manage the transform (look up setParameter) whereas if you're using
Cocoon you can use the URL of the link itself to hold the values of
the parameters.

I hope that's enough of a pointer,

Jeni

---