[xsl] !!!showing HTML data in XML files using XSL!!!

Subject: [xsl] !!!showing HTML data in XML files using XSL!!!
From: Rosa I-Ting Cheng <Rosa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 14:20:51 +1000
Can anyone please tell me how to show HTML text that was between XML tags
using XSL?
That is I have some text like this:

XML:
<root>
<text><I><B>here is some info</B></I></text>
</root>

in XSL I'll be using <xsl:value-of select="root/text"/> to show the info.
but what happens is that the <I> and <B> HTML tags gets displayed directly
instead of have the sentence shown bold and italiced.
I read about CDATA, that is put the info in CDATA should work, but I can't
do this <![CDATA[<xsl:value-of select="root/text"/>]]>, and then I read
about <xsl:cdata> but it only works with namespace
http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-xsl . but it complains about variables and output
xsl tags. Another was  http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt and that just dumps the
info onto the window and the xsl dont' seem to work at all.  as for this
http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform, <xsl:cdata> don't work.  Can anyone
please tell me how to get around with this? showing HTML data in XML files
using XSLs?

Thank you in advance!

Rosa