[xsl] Solved: Inserting data from secondary XML document ...

Subject: [xsl] Solved: Inserting data from secondary XML document ...
From: "Ough, Cameron" <cameron.ough@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2001 18:44:09 -0700
Looks like I solved it.

<xsl:template match="string1">
  <xsl:variable name="temp" select="."/>
  <xsl:variable name="value">
    <xsl:value-of
select="document('second.xml')//db_column_name1[.=$temp]/../@num"/>
  </xsl:variable>
  <xsl:value-of select="$value"/>
</xsl:template>

-----Original Message-----
From: Ough, Cameron
Sent: Monday, April 02, 2001 6:15 PM
To: 'xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: Inserting data from secondary XML document ...

All right, I would be extremely grateful if someone could help me with this
problem.

I'm exporting data to two separate files .

What I am trying to do is, when transforming one xml file, I need to check
the row id of that value in the separate XML file, and replace the string
value with the row id from the second XML file.
The second file has a format like this (Oracle XSU):

<rowset>
	<row num='1'>
		<db_column_name1> value </db_column_name1>
	</row>
	<row num='2'>
		<db_column_name1> value </db_column_name1>
	</row>
<rowset>

I've tried (unsuccessfully) to use the something like the following to
retrieve the row num attribute value from the remote file into a local
variable, with no luck.

<xsl:template match="string1">
<xsl:variable name="temp">
	<xsl:value-of