[xsl] Dual XSLT processes for one XML

Subject: [xsl] Dual XSLT processes for one XML
From: "Jay" <blueegg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 11:40:14 -0700
I am trying to create an XML file that is processed by two separate XSLT
processes, the first is a set of stylesheets that uses XSP to generate
dynamic XML, then the second is a set of stylesheets that should read that
resultant XML and produce HTML.

My XML for example calls:

<?cocoon-process type="xslt"?>
<?xml-stylesheet href="a-xsp.xsl" type="text/xsl"?>
<?cocoon-process type="xslt"?>
<?xml-stylesheet href="a-html.xsl" type="text/xsl"?>

The problem is that all the XSP logic in the a-xsp.xsl produces the desired
results, but it is inaccessible in the a-html.xsl xslt process.

If I comment out the second xslt, I see the correct dynamically produced xml
string (from a-xsp.xsl), but when I uncomment it, the xsp generated xml is
ingored in the second xslt.

Does the first xslt have to generate nodes within the xml and I'm only
producing a text string?  It's not clear to me why the second xslt ignores
the results of the first.

Thanks,
Jay