Re: [xsl] Latest XSLTMark benchmark

Subject: Re: [xsl] Latest XSLTMark benchmark
From: Uche Ogbuji <uche.ogbuji@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2001 11:17:17 -0600
> A new set of results for the XSLTMark benchmark has been published at
>  http://www.datapower.com/XSLTMark/res_2001_03_28.html#ChartOverall
>
> The benchmarking methodology is to compile the stylesheet, and then run it a
> large number of times over the same source document, averaging the results.
>
> I have taken a look at some of the drivers for different XSLT processors.

You probably looked at the ones they deigned to include.  For some reason,
they don't provide the test harness for independent verification of their
*very* dubious 4XSLT results.

Their benchmarks are quite unprofessional, lacking, as they do, an exhaustive
set of environmental, methodological and package information.

Doing benchmarks rightly is *very* hard business, and it looks as if Datapower
didn't spend the time to get it right.

uche.ogbuji@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx               +1 303 583 9900 x 101