RE: [xsl] Converting &entities; with XSLT?

Subject: RE: [xsl] Converting &entities; with XSLT?
From: Lee Goddard <home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 07 Apr 2001 15:14:52 +0100

At 13:09 07/04/2001 +0100, you wrote:
> Is it possible to use XSLT to catch all character entities
> and convert them to something else?  How could I go about this?

The XSLT processor sees exactly the same input whether a character was
represented by itself or by a character reference. So you can't "catch"
character references.

If you want to perform lexical transformations of your XML, rather than
structural transformations, you may be better off using Perl.

Thanks.  I knew that really, just hoped.
I've been doing it in Perl, and want to
cut a layer of processing at a different
layer of the production system.

Regards
lee