Re: [xsl] How to preserve white space of a title line

Subject: Re: [xsl] How to preserve white space of a title line
From: Mike Brown <mike@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 13:53:56 -0600 (MDT)
>1  use param to define a title line, such as
><xsl:param name="titleLine" select="Annual    report    for    xxxx"/>

You forgot the single quotes to indicate that it is a string rather than
a node-set.

  <xsl:param name="titleLine" select="'Annual    report    for    xxxx'"/>

I see no reason why this wouldn't work. The default value of $titleLine
will be the string with all the spaces intact.

As Trevor indicated, perhaps you are emitting this string in an HTML
document and are confused by the fact that runs of whitespace in HTML
constitute a single word separator and are thus rendered with a single
space in Western writing scripts. You didn't say what the problem really
was.

<xsl:value-of select="translate($titleLine,' ','&#160;')"/> may be of
some utility for you.

   - Mike