[xsl] Re: How to preserve white space of a title line

Subject: [xsl] Re: How to preserve white space of a title line
From: "Yang" <sfyang@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 09:12:21 +0800
Hi,

For the problem of losing multiple white spaces of the given title line,

Mike writes

><xsl:value-of select="translate($titleLine,' ','&#160;')"/> may be of
>some utility for you.

It works.  Thanks.

Before,  I got output  like this  with a single space;
       Annual report for xxxx
from using <xsl:value-of select="$titleLine"/>  with IE5 browser,
and  <xsl:param name="titleLine" select="'Annual    report    for
xxxx'"/>.

Now I can get the desired html output using mike's suggestion to keep the
white space displayed in html output.
 such as:      Annual    report    for    xxxx

Now I wonder  is there a better (or straightforward) approach to render the
string in HTML output mode without using translate function
and meantime keeps multiple spaces display.

Sun-fu Yang,

sfyang@xxxxxxxxxxxxx