[xsl] Leading spaces Problem

Subject: [xsl] Leading spaces Problem
From: "Subhasri Rajagopalan" <sraja@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 17:22:56 -0700
Hi,

The foll is my JSP code. The output (which is some XML content) is generated
correctly. However, I have a strange problem, in that when view source is
done in IE after the JSP executes, it has a lot of leading spaces.

Also, note that the cbean.response() which returns a String is trimmed. It
looks like it is only when processing using the XSL that these spaces are
added. My XSL DOES NOT contain preserve white spaces.

<%@ taglib uri="xmlx.tld" prefix="x"%>
<%@ page import="
    java.util.*,
    org.xml.sax.SAXException,
    ContentBean,QXMLBean
"%>
<jsp:useBean id="cbean" class="ContentBean" scope="session"/>
<x:xslt media="xml">
 <x:xml><%=cbean.getResponse( ContentBean.STORELOCXML_URL,
                              QXMLBean.getListingByCLIDAndAddr())%></x:xml>
   <x:stylesheet media="xml" uri="bizfinder.xsl"/>
</x:xslt>