RE: [xsl] Truncating output of a node

Subject: RE: [xsl] Truncating output of a node
From: RSuiter@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 15:17:50 -0500
Jim,

>I guess another possibility it to output n characters and add '...' at the
>end to create the summary. Is that any easier?

It might _seem_ easier, until you start worrying about whether n characters
might end anywhere between the first character of a <span> tag and the last
character of a </span> tag.  You might have the same problem with going by
sentences, if ever '. ' occurs that is not the end of a sentence yet is in
between a <span> and a </span>.

I agreed with an earlier post that it would be _much_ easier if your
sentences were marked with <sentence> </sentence> tags/

Rick Suiter