[xsl] living headers

Subject: [xsl] living headers
From: "Joerg Schmitz" <schmitz_joerg@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 14:05:20 +0200
Hello,

How can I format my pages in such a way that headers could have a varying character instead of a static charcter? So titles should autmatically
appear in the header too. I think you call it something like "living headers".

A good exaple is the documentation of XEP (http://www.renderx.com/Tests/doc/fo/tutorial.pdf).
But this is a way to hard to comprehend.

An other example is included in XEP. It´s name is "marker.pdf". But, as the first one, it´s again to much to handle.

I am looking for a basic example ... like for an XML-file like this:

<book>
   <title>This is the booktitle</title>
   <chapter>
      <caption>This is caption 1</caption>
      <subchapter>
         <caption>This is the caption of subchapter 1.1 </caption>
         <text>This is the text of subchapter 1.1 ... bla bla bla ... </text>
      </subchapter>
   </chapter>

   <chapter>
      <caption>This is caption 2</caption>
      <subchapter>
         <caption>This is the caption of subchapter 2.1 </caption>
         <text>This is the text of subchapter 2.1 ... bla bla bla ... </text>
      </subchapter>
   </chapter>
</book>

I want the caption of the chapter (not subchapter) in the header. A chapter could spread over a few pages.

Thank you very much in advance.

J. Schmitz