Re: [xsl] concat selected text nodes

Subject: Re: [xsl] concat selected text nodes
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 23:26:24 +0100
Me> from which we deduce you are using MSXML3 ?

Seems like I needlesly maligned msxml here (which has a documented
tendency to drop white space nodes while building its DOM input, a
fearure you can turn off from script)
I just tried your test file:

<item>This is a<ver id="0">n old

<xsl:stylesheet
   version="1.0"

<xsl:output encoding="utf-8"/>
<xsl:param name="ver"/>

<xsl:template match="/">
<xsl:apply-templates select="//item"/>
</xsl:template>
<xsl:template match="item">
<xsl:apply-templates select="text()|ver[@id=$ver]"/>
</xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>

and got the expected output:

BASH.EXE-2.02$ msxsl node.xml nodes.xsl  ver=0
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>This is an old

  sentance.BASH.EXE-2.02$
BASH.EXE-2.02$ msxsl node.xml nodes.xsl  ver=1
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>This is a new
sentance.BASH.EXE-2.02$

David