Re: [xsl] xsl] XSL and XMLSchema

Subject: Re: [xsl] xsl] XSL and XMLSchema
From: Dan Diebolt <dandiebolt@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 06:02:26 -0700 (PDT)
Support for XML Schema data types is a goal of
version 2.0 of XPath:

  http://www.w3.org/TR/xpath20req

XPath 2.0 has the following specific goals:

  Simplify manipulation of XML Schema-typed content
  Simplify manipulation of string content
  Support related XML standards
  Improve ease of use
  Improve interoperability
  Improve i18n support
  Maintain backward compatibility
  Enable improved processor efficiency

I would guess this would have to happen before XLST
supported schemas, but I don't know what would stop
you from working with a music XML documents even
if they conformed to XML Schema. XSLT works perfectly
well irrespective of whether or not there is an
underlying DTD or schema for the XML document.

Regards,

Dan