Re: [xsl] XSL Tidy program?

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSL Tidy program?
From: Daniel Veillard <Daniel.Veillard@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2001 10:44:18 +0200
On Sat, Apr 28, 2001 at 12:51:02AM -0700, Dan Diebolt wrote:
> Is anyone using an XSL Tidy like program to clean up
> xsl files that might be hand typed? See
>
>   http://www.w3.org/People/Raggett/tidy/

  I'm unsure tidy is really the good example, it checks for
non-compliance to the specification(s), and the kind of error
found in HTML are unlikely to show up into XSLT styleshets
(the WellFormedness errors can be pointed out by any decent
XML parser and I assume error w.r.t. the spec are reported as
well).
  I would rather see tools like lint for C applied to the XSLT
XSLT processors are just yet another kind of compilers just for a
different language, and there is patterns of errors that seasonned
people on this list have learn to recognize at the first look ;-) .
Actually, collecting them (if not done already) would be a wonderful
resource for people trying to build such tools and beginners to the
language.
   So what are the XSLT equivalents of C "if (a = b) ..." that
people should try to spot before postng to this list and that could
be embedded in tools ? Pointers appreciated if this resource
already exists :-)

Daniel

veillard@xxxxxxxxxx  | libxml Gnome XML XSLT toolkit  http://xmlsoft.org/