RE: [xsl] attribute nodes

Subject: RE: [xsl] attribute nodes
From: "Christopher R. Maden" <crism@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 05 May 2001 13:12:20 -0700
At 12:03 5-05-2001, Michael Fitzgerald wrote:
I'm not trying to solve any big problems here -- it just seems odd that a
node is not a child node because of its label.

That's what I thought. I certainly have no quarrel with curiosity.

I also think it is
interesting that because an attribute is always a leaf, it can be neither a
parent or a child.  Are there other examples of such "bobbles" on trees or
is it common in data models to have semi-nodes? I trow not.

Not common, I don't think, but attributes aren't unique in this sense in the XPath data model; namespace nodes have the same quirk. Element, PI, comment, and text nodes all are children of their parents, and the root node has no parent.

Nonetheless,
this is not dangerous nor does it ever seem difficult to process attribute
nodes. It is merely amusing.

(-:

-Chris
--