Re: [xsl] Accessing nth element

Subject: Re: [xsl] Accessing nth element
From: "bharat chintapally" <hydbad@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 06 May 2001 16:22:03 -0400
Hi janning:
Thanks for your response..But I did not see any difference in performance when I tried the following
<xsl:for-each select="./records[position() < 20]">

or when I used template for record.

My question is how does the select in the for-each behave.. When we select by using the "select="./records[position() < 20]" does the XSLT processor return when the the cursor (db like) moves past
record # 20 (like a for loop; return when the termination condition is met) or does it go loop all the n records
(in particular 20 thru n).

The more I look at it, I feel that I should be using a for-loop (or recursion) here..

Any suggestions are welcome..

Thanks
--bharat

Janning Vygen <vygen@xxxxxxxxxxxx> Sent by: owner-xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 05/01/01 09:23 AM Please respond to xsl-list