Re: [xsl] wysiwyg xml editing

Subject: Re: [xsl] wysiwyg xml editing
From: "Robert Koberg" <rob@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 11:04:42 -0700
Are you talking about things like parent elements and attributes that would
not be visible in the wysiwig editor?
(using IE5.5+ as the editing tool only - output good in any 4+ browser...)
What I do is have the XSL (server-side) write a bunch of hidden spans/divs
and allow the user to right-click a corresponding visible chunk to edit the
invisible atrributes. What it does is basically is mimic the XML with the
html.  Also, unique id's are created by the XSL for the nodes so
'round-tripping' is made easier.  When you create new nodes client-side you
need to create a suitable id for it's place in the XML tree that will
eventually be output.

Are you talking about a user being able to select a 'title' and a 'para' at
the same time?
If so I would say what Mike is saying, that you should only allow them to
edit/select one chunk.  You will still have to catch things like bold and
italics but these are manageable.