Re: [xsl] XSL Processors supporting XPath and XSL Functionality

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSL Processors supporting XPath and XSL Functionality
From: "jim" <cutlass@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 15:49:57 +0100
> A friend of mine (now deceased) became one of the US's 10 best slot
machine
> players partly based on this phenom.
> A slot machine often hits a second winner within a few pulls (< 50) of a
> previous random jackpot.
> Play at your own risk. The payout odds on any given machine are
adjustable.
> Most slots are set to make over 20% for the house.
> Vane

way off topic, but i'll add to 'baysian question and slot theory'

i used to work on fruit machine code, and the math is completely set, with a
variable setting based on payout, though there are some side-effect methods
such as 'listening' to the coin hopper, paying the bartender to keep
statistics, or work on fruit machine code and code in your own backdoor.

otherwise, back on topic, i think that people ask the same question ( either
in groups or singularly ) because

a) people need to refer to FAQ
b) FAQ needs a top ten, most frequent answered on its front page
c) a lot of XSLT development is very similar, which 'screams' we want
standard stylesheets and functions

i personally love the setup of the FAQ, since it is extremely easy to find
answer to your question, i think Dave Pawson had a search on it and removed
it because it wasnt being used, which of course is the ultimate reason for
questions being repeated, which i think considering the immature state of
xslt is not such a bad thing, though admittedly i have been less active
answering questions.

cheers, jim fuller