RE: [xsl] using document() function in match attribute of xsl:key element- possible?

Subject: RE: [xsl] using document() function in match attribute of xsl:key element- possible?
From: "Michael Kay" <mhkay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 17:43:18 +0100

> I had thought I could create a key element in my stylesheet like this:
>
> <xsl:key name="people" match="document('people.xml')/data/person"
> use="@size"/>

the match attribute is a pattern and you can't use document() in a pattern.

You don't need to, because the key definition applies to ALL the input
documents. The only proviso is that when you use the key() function, the
results will be from the same document as the context node, so you may need
to change the context node (using <xsl:for-each>) before calling key().

Mike Kay