RE: [xsl] union and difference

Subject: RE: [xsl] union and difference
From: "Michael Kay" <mhkay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 21:48:23 +0100
> i have two sets in my xml{A,B,C,D} {C,D,E,F} and i want to get the
> intersections and those elements in 1st set but not 2nd.
>
> <Sets>
> <set1>A</set1><set1>B</set1><set1>C</set1><set1>D</set1>
> <set2>C</set2><set2>D</set2><set2>E</set2><set2>F</set2>
> </Sets>

Your requirement is to find sets of strings, but all your logic is concerned
with manipulating sets of nodes. You are looking for nodes that have the
same identity, whereas you need to look for nodes that have the same
string-value.

To manipulate sets of strings, your best bet is to approach the problem
using the same techniques as for grouping. Start by defining keys...

Mike Kay