AW: [xsl] JAXP Transformer contract

Subject: AW: [xsl] JAXP Transformer contract
From: "Nestel, Frank" <frank.nestel@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 11:40:37 +0200
I'm not sure if that is the thread I intended it to be.
But just to do some self advertisment or to explain what
our classes do beyond the hashtable in SaxonServlet:

It is an finite memory LRU-Cache for Template instances,
that knows when to reread a Template object when the
underlying file system objects (either the basic file
or any includes or imports). Attached to each Template
there is a pool of Transformer objects to safe the
	template.newTransformer()
calls. It seems that those calls are costly. The pooling
made those minor difficulties, since you need to call a
 	transformer.clearParameters()
before you can rewrite allready written parameters via
	transformer.setParameter(...)
And I simply wondered if the behaviour "Parameters
cannot be rewritten" is intended and why.

If you have some of those infinite memory engines left,
I'd take a dozen, unless those are Turing Machines, those
are to hard to program.

Frank