Re: [xsl] XPath for number of preceding nodes sharing an ancestor

Subject: Re: [xsl] XPath for number of preceding nodes sharing an ancestor
From: Michael Strasser <M.Strasser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 13:26:10 +1000
Michael Kay wrote:

> > Also, could I use:
> >
> >   count(preceding::input[generate-id(ancestor::inputform) =
> >     generate-id(current()/ancestor::inputform)])
>
> No, because generate-id() applied to a node-set returns the id of
> the first node in the node-set, considered in document order.

In the documents I am using I know that there are no inputform elements
inside other inputform elements, so all input elements have only one
inputform ancestor. Therefore, for each input node the node-sets
ancestor::inputform and current()/ancestor::inputform each contain only one
node.

Or am I wrong again :-(

--
Michael Strasser