[xsl] inline XML elements

Subject: [xsl] inline XML elements
From: "Graham Clark" <ggc198@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2001 17:40:24 +0100
 hi,

 In my XML file, the contents of one element ("explanation") are a bit of
 HTML code, just plain text with a few anchor tags. I want to use an XSL
 file to basically output the contents of the "explanation" element as HTML
 (i.e. with the anchor tags as hyperlinks). Obviously, if you just use
 xsl:value-of, it doesn't put in the links. If I was doing this in a
 programming language, I'd loop through the text in the
 "explanation" element, and every time an anchor tag was found, it would be
 ouputted as such in the HTML. How is this done with XSL, or can it even be
 done at all? I realise that a differently laid-out XML file might have
 something to do with the solution.

 sorry for such a long winded description, but I'd be grateful if someone
 could help.

 thanks,
 Graham Clark.