[xsl] Supported encodings

Subject: [xsl] Supported encodings
From: mjyoungblut@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 15:15:40 -0500
Does anyone know if Saxon supports the encoding "iso-8859-1"?  I know that
if an unknown encoding is inserted, the default is "UTF-8".  I am making
this call in Java:
     transformer.setOutputProperty(OutputKeys.ENCODING, "iso-8859-1");

I don't mean to cast any doubt upon Mr. Kay, but has anyone found any holes
where Saxon may have defaulted to UTF-8 unexpectedly.  Some of the silent
recovery makes this hard for me to find where it may have reverted.

I mean no disrespect by this Mr. Kay - it is more than likely something
that I am overlooking.

Thanks in advance,
     Matt Youngblut