[xsl] persistance with xsl

Subject: [xsl] persistance with xsl
From: pcaspian@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 17:03:55 +0100
Hi, I am creating a xml file in asp, making use of ole. I had some daft
errors with the connection string, therefor I am asking this question as I
fear it could have something to do with it.

I created an xml file, with rsTitles.Save szfile, adPersistXML.

where szfile = server.mappath("testfile.xml")
and rsTitles is a ADODB.Recordset

Once I have created this file, I can go and recall the information with
rsTitles.Open szfile,,,,adCmdFile, however I am not able to view this file
as you would normally edit an
xml file and when opened through notepad, its not usual xml format ,but
like "TG!     ¶?ò?²Ï?# ª _þX "
ect ect.

I can see how its suppose to be of this format, but why bother then. What
is the purpose of doing this really, with the exception that it can be read
back in via another VBScript program into a recordset. What if I want to
output some of these files to a directory, where someone could then check
up on the info, by just opening the xml file in a browser ?

thanks

Karlo