Re: [xsl] XML serializer implemented in XSLT

Subject: Re: [xsl] XML serializer implemented in XSLT
From: Oliver Becker <obecker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 11:54:46 +0200 (MET DST)
Hi Evan,

> http://xmlportfolio.com/xml-to-string/

some things will be reinvented from time to time ;-)
I think David Carlisle was the first who had a simple verbatim XML
formatter, used as part of the Schematron report implementation [1].
Myself, I developed a stylesheet which is nearly the same as yours,
except that it allows coloured output which can be styled via a
CSS stylesheet [2].

It seems you are considering some more circumstances than me
("]]>" for example) and your stylesheet can be parameterized in a
fairly sophisticated way.

Maybe we can take the best of both worlds and submit it to the
XSLT Standard Library [3]? (Unfortunately I haven't got the time
yet to look closer at this project ...)

Best regards,
Oliver

[1] http://www.ascc.net/xml/schematron/1.5/report1-5/schematron-report.html
[2] http://www.informatik.hu-berlin.de/~obecker/XSLT/#xmlverbatim
[3] http://xsltsl.sourceforge.net/

|  ob|do        Dipl.Inf. Oliver Becker                             |
|  --+--        E-Mail: obecker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx             |
|  op|qo        WWW:    http://www.informatik.hu-berlin.de/~obecker |