RE: [xsl] XSL and Namespace

Subject: RE: [xsl] XSL and Namespace
From: "Michael Kay" <mhkay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 15:12:29 +0100
I think this is another case where the spec needs clarification; both
behaviors can be justified.

In particular, it is not clear which of the following two statements is
intended to override the other:

(a) (2.6.1) The xsl:import element children must precede all other element
children
of an xsl:stylesheet element.

(b) (2.2) An XSLT processor must ignore a top-level element without giving
an error
if it does not recognize the namespace URI.

I will register this as an issue needing clarification by posting it on
xsl-editors@xxxxxxx

Mike Kay