[xsl] Re: Problem in Using two RTFs together

Subject: [xsl] Re: Problem in Using two RTFs together
From: Dimitre Novatchev <dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 00:40:43 -0700 (PDT)
Yang wrote:

> When I used the source xml ,// z:row ,as the attribute of select of
> apply-templates,
> the data from with-param can be accessed and  can be used to display the
> desired output.
>
> However When I advanced to used the modifed source xml which is rtf-zs as
> the attribute of select of apply-templates
> then the data passed through with-param seems to be the  empty one.

Hi Yang,

When an RTF, converted into a node-set with the xxx:node-set() function is accessed,

it consists of a single node (the root of the tree).

Therefore,
 <xsl:apply templates select="msxsl:node-set($someRTF)"/>

is most probably not going to work -- you have provided template(s) matching the
type of the children of the root -- not of the root itself.

Use:
 <xsl:apply templates select="msxsl:node-set($someRTF)/node()"/>

Hope this helped.

Cheers,
Dimitre Novatchev.