[xsl] Installing MSXML3 in replace mode on IE 5.5 (win2k pro)

Subject: [xsl] Installing MSXML3 in replace mode on IE 5.5 (win2k pro)
From: "Elina Bidner" <elina817@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 10:25:27 -0600
I have a bit of a mystery on my hands:

I installed MSXML 3.0 in replace mode on my computer (for the IE 5.5 browser), and it works perfectly well. Next, I tried to install MSXML 3.0 on my boss's computer, following the exact same steps as I did on my computer. Her browser version is exactly same as mine.

Every time I tried to register the msxml3.dll in order to run the parser in replace mode, her Internet Explorer would stop recognizing xml files altogether. When we tried opening xml files in her IE browser, it popped up a "File Download" box. Once I unregistered the msxml3.dll (basically killed the patch completely), the browser went back to displaying xml files normally (well, sort of normally, since it couldn't read the XSLT without the patch).

Has anyone has encountered similar problems while installing the MSXML 3.0 parser? Thanks in advance!