[xsl] Re: SGML vs XML

Subject: [xsl] Re: SGML vs XML
From: "Christopher R. Maden" <crism@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 00:58:32 -0700
Why did you cross-post this as separate messages?

At 00:38 28-06-2001, SwetaG@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
     I have many times read when i am going through the XML tutorials that
SGML is to complex to be to be implem,ented for the web senario but i have
not found any page saying that ok XML is subset of SGML and these these are
the features which are there in SGML but are been excluded from the XML for
removing the complexity of the SGML.Can you please send me those features
which are not beening included in XML which are there for SGML??

Faced with formal questions like this, it's best to read the spec. The XML Recommendation references "Comparison of SGML and XML" by James Clark, at <URL: http://www.w3.org/TR/NOTE-sgml-xml-971215 >.

-Chris
--
Christopher R. Maden, XML Consultant