RE: [xsl] sorting and grouping - can't get it to work

Subject: RE: [xsl] sorting and grouping - can't get it to work
From: Andreas Waechter <A.Waechter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 11:15:52 +0200
> You have two templates that match each item, for starters.
> Secondly, the
> first template is going to match on items, and then select
> each item within
> the item - i.e., nothing at all.
>
> Change the first template to match "data" and you'll be on
> the right track.

uuups, this happened when I transferred from my real files to the simplified
example.
My real templates match "data" and "item", NOT "data/item" and "item", and
there are lots more of nodes within item which are tested and evaluated in
both templates, but all this does not have to do with the real problem
(sorting and grouping) so I reduced my problem to the smallest possible and
made this error while doing it.

I should have tested with the reduced example...
Sorry for the extra-bothering...

It really looks like:

<xsl:template match="data">
         <xsl:for-each select="item[position() mod 2 = 1]">
                 <xsl:apply-templates select=". |
following-sibling::item[position()=1]"/>
                 <xsl:if test="not(following-sibling::item[position()=1])">
                 </xsl:if>
         </xsl:for-each>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="item">