Re: [xsl] Is this about grouping ?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Is this about grouping ?
From: tcn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Trevor Nash)
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2001 12:26:20 GMT
Hi Benoit,

>Mike, Trevor,
>
>Thanks for your reply.
>Obviously I did not clearly explained my problem.

Agreed ;-)

>Let's start again.

Yes lets.  Only this time please try to explain what the problem is,
rather than giving us examples and making us guess.  Try to explain
the required logic *without* examples.  Who knows, if you do that you
might even find the answer yourself.

>This is my original source ( with the correct indentation ) :
What is the 'correct' indentation?  I assume the blank line means
something - what?  Tell us what a valid document is, what the elements
mean.  There is obviously some difference between a/b and the other
letters, as you have tried to indicate by saying ItemA instead of
text1.

Expand on:
>So, I need to group by <a> and <b>. Those elements are constant in the
>source document.
>I will ignore the sort order because the original source is already sorted.

>What I would like you to help me is how can I use <xsl:for-each> :
>1. to have a proper indentation from <f> to <i> ?
Tell us what 'proper indentation is.  The answer may not have anything
to do with xsl:for-each.

>result is :
What is it that tells you this should be done?  Does <g> always
immediatly follow <f>?  If there is no <g> what happens?  I guess you
want something like following:: or following-sibling:: but its hard to
tell.

I agree with Mike, the structure of your XML is probably wrong, or at
least not good.

I am sorry I am not answering the question you are asking, but I hope
this helps anyway.

Regards,
Trevor Nash
--
Traditional training & distance learning,
Consultancy by email

Melvaig Software Engineering Limited
voice:     +44 (0) 1445 771 271
email:     tcn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx