Re: [xsl] given @id="1.2.3" .... -1 || +1 to the "3" in @id??

Subject: Re: [xsl] given @id="1.2.3" .... -1 || +1 to the "3" in @id??
From: "Anthony E." <apwebdesign@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 12:14:18 -0700 (PDT)
following-sibling:: would work if the elements were
all in the same file, but our application requires
they be in separate xml files.

i will have a "first" & "last" attribute in my element
that contains the id of those elements, so i can
compare with current id w/ 'first' or 'last' to see if
there should be a prev or next link.

My main concern here is the syntax of getting the
substring after the last '.' in a string: ie - if
id="1.22.33" or "1.2.3", how do specify the character
position of the last '.', since it will not always be
the 4th or 5th character in the string.

--
Anthony