[xsl] Extra xmlns=""

Subject: [xsl] Extra xmlns=""
From: Larry Garfield <lgarfiel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 20:05:24 -0500
I've noticed that some XSLT engines, when converting from XML to XHTML,
will insert extra empty xmlns="" attributes into some tags, even though
the XSLT script does not tell it to.  The div and hx tags generally get
these.  Of course, the file is then not valid XHTML.  In particular,
I've found that MSXML does this, as does J Clark's XT.  Xalan, however,
does not.  Can anyone shed some light on why this is happening, and what
to do about it?

--
Larry Garfield
lgarfiel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Do you have a PalmOS Organizer?  Click here to add me to your address
book:
http://signature.coola.com/?lgarfiel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

-- "If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you." :-)