Re: [xsl] script for netscape

Subject: Re: [xsl] script for netscape
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 10:42:05 +0100
> I have to create a dynamic Javascript within my XSL-Stylesheet, which
> can be executed both by IE and Netscape. I thought that it would work
> with <xsl:script>

If you mean to put javascript into the output so that it runs in the
generated HTML page then you don't need to do anything special. To XSLT
the javascript is just text content of the script element, you'd
generate it with templates in the same way as you'd generate any other
textual content.

xsl:script (in XSL 1.1 draft) and msxsl:script are for something
different: They are for executing javascript within the stylesheet
engine, whilst generating the output, not for placing javascript code in
the output.

David