Re: [xsl] Getting date of the XSL transformation into HTML output

Subject: Re: [xsl] Getting date of the XSL transformation into HTML output
From: "Thomas B. Passin" <tpassin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 10:41:03 -0400
[Ghostrider]

> Which is not exactly what I need to do, it's much simpler, but I don't
know if
> it's possible: I just need to get the date my HTML output file was
generated
> and put in a footer on that HTML page.

If you want to do this to display the date in a browser, it's easy to
include a bit of javascript to do it - each page knows when it was created.
I do this on some of my html pages that I create using xml/xslt and a batch
process.  Here's the javascript I use (just put it in the footer template in
your stylesheet):

 This page was updated on
 <script language="javascript">
  document.write(document.lastModified.substring(0,10));
 </script>

Here's the result:

This page was updated on 07/19/2001

Cheers,