Re: [xsl] Why does using the XSL namespace default namespace preclude literal result elements in the empty namespace?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Why does using the XSL namespace default namespace preclude literal result elements in the empty namespace?
From: Aaron Hope <edh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 15:43:37 -0400
David Carlisle wrote:

I am not at all clear what your question is, if XSL is the default
namespace so you have <template match=".. then literal result elements
can be in any prefixed namespace, or if you don't want to prefix them
use

David

The html output method precludes using any namespace on the literal result elements. Assuming, that is, that you want them to be interpreted as html. (see the bottom of my

Changing the default namespace works though, and it's what I settled on yesterday night.
Seems a little shifty, though. A mean trick to play on anyone reading the thing. Not to
mention the fact that my copy of xalan couldn't handle it and I had to switch
processors.

Thanks for the input,
aaron