[xsl] Tokenized values

Subject: [xsl] Tokenized values
From: Adam Van Den Hoven <Adam.Hoven@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 13:18:36 -0700
According to the XML Spec there are several tokenized types (IDREFS,
ENTITIES, NMTOKENS
http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/WD-xml-2e-20000814#NT-TokenizedType) which are
valid for attribute values. How would one handle these values in XSL? I'm in
the middle of building a recursive named template to parse out the values
but then when I'm done, all I get is a series of result trees.

Is there a reason why XSL doesn't include something like

<xsl:variable name="values" select="split(@something)" />
<xsl:apply-templates select="$values/text()" />

It seems that since this functionality handles a common XML situation (the
HTML class attribute), this should be built in to XSL and not an extention.

TTFN,
Adam van den Hoven
Internet Software Developer
Blue Zone