[xsl] RE: Selecting a node set

Subject: [xsl] RE: Selecting a node set
From: Tony Click <Tony.Click@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 11:17:09 -0400
I was hoping to avoid any variable reference, namely because I cannot
imagine what variable I would pass into it.  The resultant node set is
entirely conditional on the contents of the node immediatly following it (or
I can get essentially the same results using the preceding node)

You didn't say what additional information was needed, but I can tell you
the following:

The structure is as follows:

<stream>
	<endTime>
		<interval value="123" channelId="ch1"
channelDetailId="chd2">
		<interval>
	</endTime>
	<endTime>
	</endTime>
</stream>

There are N endTime elements per stream
There are N intervals per endTime
Within an endTime, channelDetailId should uniquely identify an interval

Essentially I want the set of all endTimes whose following sibling endTime
does not have the same number of intervals with channelDetailIds matching
the current endTime's set of intervals.

The xpath: "endTime[interval/@channelDetailId !=
following-sibling::endTime[1]/interval/@channelDetailId ]" does not give the
proper results - it yields all but the very last endTime