Re: [xsl] generating a repeatable unique id

Subject: Re: [xsl] generating a repeatable unique id
From: "Alexander Gutman" <gutman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2001 16:41:55 +0700
Hello.

Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
> All well and easy, if the <div> elements have ID attributes, but they
> don't. And generate-id() is not guarenteed to be the same on the next
> iteration (well, it isn't with libxslt, at least). So I thought I'd
> make myself a key table, which lets me identify a target <div> quickly
> when the key value is passed in:

> maybe the best answer is to insist on ID attributes for my <div>
elements...

You may add "id" attributes to your div's (e.g., via generate-id)
during the first transformation and then use them in subsequent
transformations.

Another approach concerns implementing a custom extension function
wich does the work (this can be less costly than a purely XSLT solution).

Probably, there are other, more effective, solutions, I do not know right
now.

--
Alexander E. Gutman