AW: [xsl] Incremental DOM->DOM XSLT processor?

Subject: AW: [xsl] Incremental DOM->DOM XSLT processor?
From: "Nestel, Frank" <frank.nestel@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 08:58:22 +0200
Hi,

Sounds like an interesting thing to have, at least in
some cases. The first step to program such a beast
would be to describe a set of XSLT stylesheets and
problems where such a behaviour is useful.

1. In general the output of a stylesheet can be very
different from the input.

2. If you think of performance, starting with a full size
DOM to represent the XML might have allready been the
first step in the wrong direction...

Though I'm only an occasional reader of Xalan and
Saxon source, I'd expect this not to be only a minor
fix to any existing stylesheet processor. May the
gurus prove me wrong.

Frank