[xsl] Problem with xsl:choose

Subject: [xsl] Problem with xsl:choose
From: "Lakshmi Narayanan K" <lakshmik@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 13:24:35 +0530
Hi there,

I am having a problem with xsl:choose.

I have an xml file in the following format

<main>
.
.
.
    <timer> On </timer> (this could be either "On" of "Off" or "Manual")
.
.
.
</main>

Now, I wrote an xsl file that would check the value of timer, and print out
an appropriate text.

My xml file was
.
.
.
<!-- main/timer -->
    <xsl:template match = "main/timer">
        <xsl:choose>
            <xsl:when test=" main/timer = 'On'">
                <xsl:text>Timer is On</xsl:text>
            </xsl:when>
            <xsl:when test="main/timer = 'Off'">
                <xsl:text>Timer is Off</xsl:text>
            </xsl:when>
            <xsl:otherwise>
                <xsl:text>Timer is Manual</xsl:text>
            </xsl:otherwise>
       </xsl:choose>
    </xsl:template>

Now the problem is, when the parser checks the XML file, it must logically
go into the xsl:when defined for the On status.But it always skips all the
xsl:when's and moves into the xsl:otherwise block, and hence whatever is
defined in the otherwise only gets outputted. No errors are outputted.

Please help. I am stuck with this for the past 4 hours. Thanks and regards,

Lakshmi Narayanan