Re: [xsl] Apache Xalan 2.2 for Java problems with Unicode

Subject: Re: [xsl] Apache Xalan 2.2 for Java problems with Unicode
From: Goetz Bock <bock@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 18:01:24 +0200
On Thu, Aug 09 '01 at 08:43, Williams, Brad wrote:
> 1) Are there C libraries for Xalan, or is the only version a Java version?
Check xml.apache.org
and IFIAK the answer is yes (but this is of cause a complete different
beast from the Java version).

> 2) This is an XML related issue rather than an XSLT issue: Can Xerces, or
> most parsers on the market parse XML files that do NOT have .xml extensions?
Yes, what ever you want.

> I am having problems with my comm software delivering more than one file
> with the same extension in the same batch. For example, I have a customer
> that wants two XML files in one batch. Can I send one as a .xml file and one
> as a .txt (or any arbitrary ext) and still have most software parse the
> files as XML files?
While I did not get what you wanted to ask here, it all depends on what
invokes the xml parser. If it's done by a simple extension->application
mapping this might fail. If you call your parser expicitely you can name
your file how ever you want.
--
Goetz Bock                                              IT Consultant
Dipl.-Inf. Univ.