RE: [xsl] Capitalizing content of a variable

Subject: RE: [xsl] Capitalizing content of a variable
From: Tony Graham <Tony.Graham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 12:59:33 +0100 (BST)
Michael Kay wrote at 10 Aug 2001 11:15:14 +0100:
 > > I would be surprised if you could use this to uppercase Armenian
 > > (added to Unicode in Version 3.0) or Deseret (added in 3.1).
 >
 > Are you saying that Sun doesn't see a business need to support Armenian and
 > Deseret locales in the Java VM? And if that's true, might it suggest that
 > there's no business need to support them in an XSLT processor either?

I'm not in a position to comment on Sun's perception of a business
need to support Armenian and/or Deseret locales in the Java VM.

My comment reflects more on the rate of change of the Unicode
Standard.  After all, Unicode 3.2 is due out in "early [Northern
Hemisphere] spring, 2002" [1].

Regards,

Tony Graham