Re: [xsl] xsl:include problem

Subject: Re: [xsl] xsl:include problem
From: "Thomas B. Passin" <tpassin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 15:13:46 -0400
[dante]>
> Could someone clarify this for me please?
> xsl:include is the equivalent Apache's Server Side Includes:
> Using xsl:include a section of text is inserted into the document *before*
> the templates are applied.
>
> I've been trying to chop my library.xsl doc into includes that can be
> included as needed across multiple xsl stylesheets.
> The element templates that are between "image_link" & "date" I want to
place
> into an include file:
> "elements.xsl".
>
> Every time that I've tried it both with the msxml3 parser & AxKit on
Apache
> I get an "Unspecified error".

First, would you next time please simplify and shorten your example so that
it includes just the minimum needed to illustrate the problem clearly?  If
you don't, you are asking the rest of use to spend a lot of time and effort
wading through a lot of irrelevant but unfamiliar material.  That's an
imposition.  And if you haven't done so, then you haven't isolated the
problem sufficiently to be asking for help.

(Of course, this is a request to everyone, not just you)

When I copied the stylesheet from your email and ran it against a random xml
file, I got a sensible output and no errors from three different processors
(msxml3, saxon, sablotron 0.5).  When I ran in in XML Cooktop using msxml3,
it complained because it tried to validate against the DTD, which didn't
include any of the xsl: elements, but when I ran Microsoft's utility
msxsl.exe there was no problem.

stylesheet you posted.

Tom P